Saturday 4 October 2008

Saturday night (but not at the movies!!)

Well, today has been slightly better than expected. Stewart has had a relatively quiet day - his mum visited him this morning and without going into details it was a difficult visit for me. Unfortunately they haven't been talking for many years, in fact most of our time together, and although I know he is delighted to have her back in his life I am finding it difficult, especially when she doesn't seem to actually care about me or the kids. I kept them out of the way for this visit, not sure why other than i don't want critisism from her or more importantly, for them to get hurt when she disappears out of our lives again. However, I have been told by a family member (on Stewart's side) who has spoken to her that she regrets what has happened but doesn't know how to make it better - well speaking to me would be good. Mind you, in fairness she did throw a bunch of flowers at me when she arrived so maybe that is her way of speaking to me!!!

A quiet afternoon was had by us all and I zonked out on the settee for 2 hours but feel much better for it. My good friend Debra rang later on for a chat and made me giggle as she always does. She really is the best medicine I have, along with my other friends, cos they keep me feeling sane.

Our friends Bev & Andrew came for a chinese takeaway this evening and it was lovely when all 4 of us sat round the dining room table and it felt so normal. Andrew even rescued me from a spider, so will keep him on call for that job cos neither of my boys are any good with things like that!!!!

Stewart gave in after about an hour and a half and went to bed but he had done well tonight. He's a bit grumpy tonight but he's had his tablets and medicines and hopefully will have a good nights sleep.

I am working tomorrow and a bit worried about leaving him with Alex and Gemma but I am only a phone call away and I might ask my mum or dad to pop in at 11ish to check on them. Jamie is refereeing but at 9.30 so should be home for 12 I hope. I need to go to Argos tomorrow to get a dictaphone cos he wants to make tapes for the kids for them to listen to later on.

I am off out to get bagels from the bakery so that will save me a trip out in the morning and give me valuable sleep time and getting prepared for work time!!

Lets hope tomorrow is a good day too.

4 comments:

Eileen said...

Glad to here you had a better day, Susy, and hopefully this is a sign of more settled times ahead, at least for a while.

I'm afraid you're going to be in danger of shortening your teeth by griding them (it's that or biting your tongue off, which would be more inconvenient!) re you dearly beloved (!) MIL. If Stewart feels he's making his peace with her, maybe you're in for more wilting chrysanthemums ....

Thinking of you, hun - as we drove through the Harrogate Rd / Street Lane part of Leeds yesterday on our way to Leicester (uni visit with DD) I was thinking how good it was that he was home from St Gemma's) and topping up the {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Eileen said...

Ooops! Please note the 'pleased to here' is a typo rather than a spelling error, I don't think I can edit the post, but at least it should make your smile rather than frown! x

Mrs Hedgehog said...

I'm glad too you had a "normal" day. hope Stew had a good night too and that you managed to get some sleep. Hope work is not too arduous today.
Big hugs Lx (and Mr H)

Stephanie Parsloe said...

Hi Suzy,
Just wanted to say hi, and for you to know you have another 'follower' here saying prayers and good wishes for you. I think you're doing a fantastic job and I hope that blogging is helping you to cope. I sincerely wish all of you a happy October, it's my favourite time of year with crunchy leaves and crisp morning, and I hope that your time at home will do you all the world of good (as much as it can)
Take care of you (and all)
Steph xx