Tuesday 5 August 2008

UKS Stash Bash Challenge

Well, this month on UKS, there is a daily challenge to use up all your stash, and boy do I have a lot of stash to use.

So having had a day off work yesterday I decided to give it a go.

The first challenge were mini books by Voodoo Vixen (Annette) who is the master of the mini book. So I decided I would try the circle album first and here is my attempt at this one.



This is the final cover - I am really pleased with this bit of my album and love the colours, especially the use of ribbon.











The inside was covered with some of the black and white DCVW paper pack I bought many moons ago when I started card making (so that fulfilled the criteria of using old stash)

I have added a couple of pictures but to be honest I am not convinced with the finish of this one, but as I will use it as a sample for customers to see what I do, I am happy with it.

The second album was a square one, and this one just said "baby" to me. I had some papers I bought with a QVC card kit, which once it arrived I realised I had absolutely no idea what to do with it. I have made some of the cards up but was really stuck with using the papers and thought I could utilise them on some LO's. Well, I suppose this is a LO of sorts and I used them to make a baby album/card (hence the back page being free to write a message). No photo's were added this time but I do love the finished effect.

The inside of the book has had some tags made and stamped with precious and cherish and the teddies have been decoupaged.

1 comment:

Mrs_Tiggy said...

Wow love the circle album. I've always wanted to make one of these but my first attempt didn't work out. Where did you get instructions for yours?